Center for Innovative Learning
In its continuing efforts to provide extraordinary service to its faculty, the Provost’s Office is proud to announce the integration of two existing UNTHSC resources: the Center for Learning and Development and the Center for Online Education, into a single center, the Center for Innovative Learning. The Center for Innovative Learning will provide services in three key areas:
- Developing faculty as effective and innovative teachers
- Designing, implementing, evaluating and disseminating new approaches to learning
- Integrating technology in teaching in classroom, blended and online formats
Center for Learning and Development (CLD)
The CLD offers faculty development opportunities focused on instructional strategies, technologies and assessment techniques with an emphasis on improving student-learning outcomes. Additionally, the CLD provides consultation services on research design, evaluation methodology, and statistical analysis for research projects; and develop customized surveys.
- CLD Faculty Teaching Workshops: Schedule of upcoming CLD training sessions
- Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP): A major program of the CLD that works with faculty in each of the schools to develop their curricular delivery methods and course redesign to improve students’ higher order thinking skills.
The Center for Online Education provides support for faculty and students engaged in online and hybrid course delivery. Training is offered in online curriculum design, technical support, and best practices in distance education.
Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
PACE provides faculty support for continuing education services including consultation for CE-oriented grant submissions, avenues for dissemination of published or recently completed research, conference planning and implementation, and opportunities to change clinical behavior and improve performance.
Division of Research and Innovation
Offers assistance with identifying research opportunities, securing support, overseeing research projects, insuring policies and compliance. Areas include Laboratory Animal Medicine, Clinical Trials, Grants and Contracts, Protection of Human Subjects, Strategic Research Initiatives and Technology Transfer & Communication.
Offers include professional and management development, customer service and team building, UNT Health operational training, performance evaluation and management training, supervisor and employee performance mentoring and coaching, process improvement, institutional & departmental needs assessments and Faculty Development in classroom management, curriculum review & development.
Resources for New Faculty
Resources for Department Chairs
Department Chair Leadership Institute: http://www.departmentchairs.org/
This site offers:
- Free, useful, timely content on issues of particular interest to department chairs
- Complete information on a library of resources: online seminars, books, and journals
- Sample chapters from forthcoming books
- Recent articles from The Department Chair, quarterly publication
- Profiles of the most valuable players: authors, journal editors, and advisory board members