Notice of Non-Discrimination
The University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, university facilities, or employment policies, procedures, and processes.
Campus Human Resources at UNTHSC will refer reports of violations to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) who will promptly investigate and resolve all complaints of discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), and related retaliation in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. UNTHSC takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who report or file a charge of discrimination or harassment; participate in an investigation, or oppose any form of discrimination or harassment. Campus Human Resources is located in the Everett Administration Building, 2nd Floor, Room 280 on the UNTHSC campus in Fort Worth, Texas.
Any employee who experiences, observes, or becomes aware of discrimination, sexual harassment, and/or related retaliation must promptly report the incident(s) unless they are a licensed health care provider or a licensed counselor acting in this capacity as part of their official employment. Students and non-affiliated members of the public are encouraged to report incidents, but not required.
Employees (faculty and staff) and third parties can submit reports to:
Wanda S. Boyd
Director for the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I)
1901 Main Street; Dallas, TX 75201
Students can submit reports to:
Reports related to disability discrimination, to request accommodations or to make inquiries can be made to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at 241.571.2425 or via email at HRS.EO@untsystem.edu
Student reports related to disability discrimination, to request accommodations or to make inquiries can be made to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Call 9-1-1
- For UNTHSC campus emergencies call 817.735.2600
For non-emergencies, contact local law enforcement:
- University Police Department 972.780.3009
- Dallas Police Department 214.671.4500
- Fort Worth Police Department 817.392.4200
- Dallas Sheriff’s Office 214.653.3540
Reports can be made anonymously the following ways:
- UNTHSC Trust Line online at: https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/54789/index.html
- Calling toll free (844) 692-6025
- UNT System Administration’s online reporting at: https://www.untsystem.edu/anonymous-reporting
- UNTHSC Person of Concern Reporting Form online at: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?UnivofNorthTexasHSC&layout_id=1
Individuals may file a complaint at any time with any local, state or federal civil rights offices, including, but not limited to, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Texas Workforce Commission’s Civil Rights Division, the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Employees who report or cause to be reported compliance violations in good faith shall be protected from retaliation. Employees shall be protected from retaliation for assisting in any investigation by authorized or responsible parties of known or suspected violations of laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures or improper activities.
Rights and Resources
- Sexual Assault Resources link (https://www.unthsc.edu/care-and-civility/sexual-assault-support/)
- Employee Resources link (https://www.unthsc.edu/care-and-civility/resources/for-employees/)
- Student Resources link (https://www.unthsc.edu/care-and-civility/resources/for-students/)
This page was last modified on June 30, 2020