Accredited Continuing Professional Education
Steps in the Planning Process
- Complete the “Getting Started with your CE Activity” Form. The purpose of this form is to help with planning and evaluating the proposed activity to ensure that it meets the guidelines and standards for accredited continuing education.
- Once your form has been submitted, a member of the CE and Assessment Team will contact you within 1-2 business days to schedule a brief meeting to:
- Discuss questions/clarifications from form responses.
- Review proposed activity content and scope of work.
- Review relevant accreditation guidelines and standards.
- Discuss a draft implementation timeline.
- Begin development and implementation
We are an accredited provider for the following professions:
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Pharmacist and pharmacist technicians (ACPE)
- Physicians (AMA and AOA – Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners also use these credits)
- Physical Therapists (TBPTE)
- Public Health Professionals (NBPHE)
- Texas Dental (per Texas Administrative Code)
- Texas Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (per Texas Administrative Code)
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (per Texas Administrative Code)
- Texas Social Workers (TBSWE)
The CE and Assessment Department is happy to assist with obtaining other professional continuing education credits (e.g., Long Term Care Administrators, Occupational Therapists).