Accredited Continuing Professional Education
Engaging with the CE and Assessment Department at the beginning of the planning process for an activity helps to ensure that it complies with Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education and other relevant accreditation guidelines governing activity design and evaluation.
We suggest allowing 2 months for a one-hour, 4 months for a one-day, and 5+ months for a multi-day activity. Online modules vary depending on the amount of interactivity desired and length. Bring us in at the idea stage to assess what timeline is needed for online development.
Steps in the Planning Process
- Complete the “Getting Started with your CE Activity” Form. The purpose of this form is to help with planning and evaluating the proposed activity to ensure that it meets the guidelines and standards for accredited continuing education.
- Once your form has been submitted, a member of the CE and Assessment Team will contact you within 1-2 business days to schedule a brief meeting to:
- Discuss questions/clarifications from form responses.
- Review proposed activity content and scope of work.
- Review relevant accreditation guidelines and standards.
- Discuss a draft implementation timeline.
- Begin development and implementation
We are an accredited provider for the following professions:
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Pharmacist and pharmacist technicians (ACPE)
- Physicians (AMA and AOA – Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners also use these credits)
- Physical Therapists (TBPTE)
- Public Health Professionals (NBPHE)
- Texas Dental (per Texas Administrative Code)
- Texas Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (per Texas Administrative Code)
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (per Texas Administrative Code)
- Texas Social Workers (TBSWE)
The CE and Assessment Department is happy to assist with obtaining other professional continuing education credits (e.g., Long Term Care Administrators, Occupational Therapists).