The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth is committed to making its websites and web applications accessible to all users. The site is scanned automatically with third-party accessibility compliance tools to help us identify errors. We also use on-demand error scanning tools to eliminate known code errors. The HSC Web Team works to correct these errors and train content managers across campus to do so as well.
The following links provide information about web accessibility requirements designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities. The requirements are based on federal and state guidelines, policies and coding standards for creating accessible websites.
- Texas Department of Information Resources – Information for Institutes of Higher Education
- Texas Department of Information Resources – Accessibility Resources
- UNT System Accessibility Plan
- HSC’s Digital Publishing Policy
- Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities
- Texas HHS Accessibility Center – Training
Site validation should follow W3C standards using tools such as Tidy HTML, Dreamweaver or similar code validation strategies.
Where To Address Web Accessibility Concerns or Questions
Existing website compliance problems can be addressed to our Web Team using the following contact options:
Phone: (817) 735-5088
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Please send your name, contact information, the nature of the accessibility problem, and the website address or specific web page that contains your accessibility issues.