Women Faculty Network (WFN)
The mission of the UNTHSC Women Faculty Network (WFN) is to support recruitment, retention, and advancement of female faculty, and to engage all faculty on issues related to the advancement of female faculty at UNTHSC.
Get to Know Us — Leadership Team Profiles
- Coming Soon!
Past Activities — more details
- Fall Happy Hour — October 27, 2022 – The UNTHSC Women Faculty Network (WFN) invited all faculty, friends, and family to come together at an informal happy hour to celebrate the beginning of the 2022-2023 academic year. The event was held at World of Beer.
- “How to ‘Successfully’ Juggle Work and Life in Academia” — September 15, 2022 – UNTHSC Women Faculty Network invited all faculty to attend a lunch workshop with guest speaker, Dr. Abbie Shipp. Women in academia experience many demands for their time at work and in life. Is it possible to juggle multiple roles while staying sane? In this session, we discussed the latest research on how people think about and use time, allowing participants to view work and life from a different angle. Approximately 25 faculty members attended the workshop.
- End of Year Happy Hour — May 19, 2022 – The UNTHSC Women Faculty Network (WFN) invited all faculty to come together at an informal happy hour to celebrate the end of the 2021-2022 academic year. The event was held at World of Beer, with approximately 20 faculty members in attendance.
- Picture a Scientist — December 1, 2020 – The UNTHSC Women Faculty Network (WFN) co-sponsored a screening and panel discussion with the following learning objectives: 1) Develop an awareness of issues surrounding systemic gender bias and racism in science, 2) Engage in a conversation about how to make science more inclusive, and 3) Identify short-and long-term solutions to increase diversity in science, particularly in the academic setting.
- Faculty Support Session — September 1, 2020 — With the challenges of COVID-19 ever present in all of our lives, the UNTHSC Women Faculty Network (WFN) will be hosting a faculty support session focused on various topics.
- Inaugural Launch Meeting of WFN –– February 21, 2020 — We invited all faculty across UNTHSC to attend our “Launch Meeting” to learn more about the WFN, and to contribute to the discussion about how we can provide opportunities to increase recruitment, retention, and advancement of female faculty on campus.
- Women in Leadership Returns November 2–5, 2021 — for more information, click here.
- The Virus Moved Female Faculty to the Brink. Will Universities Help? The pandemic is a new setback for women in academia who already faced obstacles on the path to advancing their research and careers. — NY Times