Please see the information below to update your faculty profile and to access the online performance feedback system.
Update your faculty profile
Prior to evaluation, faculty need to check your faculty profile for accuracy and ensure it is up to date.
Corrections to your education or professional designations or to create your faculty profile contact DeVetra Patrick at FacultyAffairs@unthsc.edu.
Technical problems, please work with your administrative support before contacting the Helpdesk@unthsc.edu / 817-735-2192.
Faculty Evaluation FY19 / June 19 – August 2, 2019
The 2019 faculty and staff evaluation online application opens campus-wide on Wednesday, June 19, 2019. All direct supervisors will complete a faculty or staff evaluation for each employee (hired before March 1, 2019) by August 2, 2019.
All of us benefit from quality continuous feedback. The first step is an effective performance evaluation. Here are tools and trainings to help. We encourage all team members to participate in online or face-to-face training sessions, watch online training and use these tools to ensure this year’s evaluation process is meaningful, aligned with our mission and goals—and creates a map toward success for each team member.
Navigating the Performance Evaluation will be especially helpful to staff team members and supervisors. Team members who want more insight into the Performance Evaluation process also are welcome to participate in any of the other trainings.
Actions to Take
- Application Preview
- Preview Period: June 17-19
- Confirm that the list of your direct reports and 2nd level direct reports accurately reflects your organization structure
- Assign additional reviewer roles for faculty members as needed
- Review the Performance Evaluation Tools and Resources
- Online Application Instructions
- Supervisor and Team Member Resources
- Example Forms
- Review the Performance Evaluation Steps:
- Participate in training (as needed)
- Navigating the Performance Evaluation (staff)
- Goal Setting
- Performance Management
- Supervisor Communication Skills
- Deconstructing the Difficult Conversation
- More information on how to enroll as well as dates, times, and locations can be found HERE
- Review the Performance Evaluation timeline
- Send Questions
A special note:
UNTHSC employees have the responsibility to read and understand the policies and procedures of their work environment. The performance evaluation tools for both faculty and staff now require HSC team members to acknowledge their awareness of work policies and procedures. Policies and procedures can be found at the following link:
Public Policy Tech website: https://unthsc.policytech.com/?public=true&siteid=1
Faculty policies as of June 1, 2019:
- 6.001 – Academic Freedom and Academic Responsibility
- 6.002- Faculty Appointment, Reappointment and Probationary Period
- 6.003 – Faculty Tenure and Promotion
- 6.004 – Evaluation of Tenured Faculty
- 6.005 – Faculty Discipline and Termination
- 6.006 – Faculty Grievance and Appeal
- 6.100 – Discontinuance of Academic Programs
- 6.108 Salary Administration – Faculty
- 6.200 – Financial Exigency
- 2019 Faculty Bylaws
Thank you for all you do to help us make sure our annual Performance Evaluations help create a high-performing team and a Best Place for All.
Your Campus HR Team
This page was last modified on July 18, 2019