It is possible that you may be selected for a process called verification. During the verification process we will verify the data that you entered on the FAFSA. You will receive an email if you are selected for verification that will detail what forms and documents you will need to provide.
- All students selected for verification will be required to submit the appropriate Verification Worksheet. The form will be provided in the email.
- To verify tax data we will request a copy of a signed tax form or tax transcript (for tax filers) or a copy of a non-filer statement for non-filers. If the student was a tax filer and was able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) when completing their FAFSA we will NOT request the supporting tax forms. This information will also be detailed in an email if you are selected for verification.
- Other items that may be requested during the verification process include (but is not limited to):
- Copy of a Driver License
- Verification of High School Completion
- Statement of Educational Purpose
We do not have a specific deadline on when you must complete the forms, but no aid will disburse until the verification process is complete. Additionally, forms must be turned in two weeks prior to the end of your enrollment for the aid year to allow processing time. If we are not able to complete the verification with the data you provide, more information will be requested, or you will be notified by email that you are not eligible for aid.
This page was last modified on May 4, 2020