Rights and Responsibilities
Students have the right to:
- Have confidential protection of your financial aid records as mandated by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Know what financial aid programs are available at UNTHSC.
- Know the deadlines and processes for submitting the appropriate applications for each financial aid program that is available.
- Request an explanation of the programs in your financial aid package.
- Accept or decline your financial aid award(s).
- Consult with the Financial Aid Office staff concerning your
financial aid application, cost of attendance and/or financial problems
which might arise.
- Know the Financial Aid Office policies concerning satisfactory academic progress.
- Know the federal Return of Title IV Funds policy. More information can be found at FINANCIAL AID RETURN OF TITLE IV FUNDS
Students are responsible for:
- Using financial aid for educational expenses only while attending UNTHSC.
- Reporting to the Financial Aid Office any additional assistance from non-UNTHSC sources such as scholarships.
- Notifying the Financial Aid Office of a change in enrollment status.
- Enrolling in the number of credit hours required per term, that fall within your degree plan in order to graduate.
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Reading, understanding and retaining copies of all forms submitted or provided.
- Re-applying for financial aid each year.
- Completing all application forms accurately and submit them on time.
- Providing correct information as wrongful reporting can be a violation of federal law.
- Reading and understanding all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other financial aid agencies.
- Keeping the Financial Aid Office informed of changes in address, name, marital status, and financial situation.
- Completing exit counseling if you received a loan from the Financial Aid Office prior to your separation from UNTHSC, including
when a student takes a leave of absence, withdraws or graduates.
- Repaying any financial aid funds due as a result of a withdrawal or over award.
- Requesting personal assistance if you have questions or do not understand the information provided to you.
Policy: Students should refer to the refund policy as listed in the current UNT Health Science Center Catalog.
This page was last modified on October 9, 2019