Need Help With a Paper?
To receive online CAP writing support services:
Before submitting your paper, please note the following:
- You must be a currently enrolled student.
- Save your file name with your Last Name_Title of Paper. For example, “Smith_Personal Statement.” File must be saved as a Word document.
- Your paper must be double-spaced with standard 1-inch margins and 12-point font.
- If your paper is not formatted correctly, you will be notified and required to re-submit the file after you have made the corrections.
- CAP Tutors will only review up to 1500 words.
- Papers submitted online will be reviewed one time. You may request an appointment with the CAP Writing Specialist for additional feedback.
- Please allow up to four (4) business days to review a paper.
- If you have multiple papers you need reviewed, it may be more efficient to schedule an appointment with the CAP Writing Specialist. Submitting multiple papers may delay the response time.
Individual, in-person appointments are available in the CAP main office (Student Service Center 2nd floor):
- 30-minute Appointments are available for currently enrolled students during the following times:
- Monday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday: 11:00 am -4:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Please visit GradesFirst or call 817-735-2531 to make an appointment with the CAP Writing Assistant.
- If the Writing Assistant does not have appointments booked, students are welcome to stop by for quick questions. Please call 817-735-2531 or email the Writing Assistant at Peter.Mosley@unthsc.edu to confirm availability.
- Scheduling an Appointment in Grades First
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please call 817-735-2531 or email Peter.Mosley@unthsc.edu, as students do not have the ability to cancel within GradesFirst.
Phone and Video Conference appointments for writing assistance are available:
- Students are welcome to schedule appointments by phone or video conference. Please schedule an appointment in GradesFirst, noting that you are requesting a meeting by phone or video conference, and include relevant contact information. These appointments are only available in the regular meeting times listed above.
Types of writing support:
- CAP will provide feedback on writing samples submitted to our office via the Writing Submission Form.
- Appointment based Writing Assistance
- Drop-in Hours for Quick Questions about Writing
- CAP writing tutors will provide feedback on:
- Rhetorical Situation
- Content as it relates to the reader
- Purpose and Focus
- Diction & Syntax
- Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
- Students have access to APA styling guides as well as other writing tips through the Center for Academic Performance’s CANVAS page. These are found within the Writing & Presentation Support module.
- Write Well Workshop Series
Self-guided Writing Courses:
- Lesson 1: Composing a Formal Essay: A Quick Guide
- Lesson 2: Mastering Academic Language and Style
- Lesson 3: Revising and Editing at the Graduate Level
- CAP does not provide editing services for UNTHSC students
- A list of outside editors is available upon request by sending an email to CAP@unthsc.edu
Great Article on Writing Dissertations: My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Dissertation by Rachel Herrmann
Faculty and staff requests:
- The Writing Assistant is available to provide support to departments through the following services:
- In-class presentations on various writing topics
- Providing writing samples to classes that the Writing Assistant can use to identify points of improvement for students on individual and group basis
- Other support
- Contact Peter Mosley at Peter.Mosley@unthsc.edu to schedule a presentation or other writing support.
This page was last modified on September 10, 2020