Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
The UNTHSC Center for Academic Performance is proud to offer low-cost summer workshops for incoming TCOM students. Not only will you have the opportunity to refresh your knowledge in these areas in our live workshops, you will have the opportunity to meet new classmates, gain beneficial new knowledge, and be exposed to the curriculum teaching/learning style. The facts and study tips presented will be “high yield” and designed to help you succeed in the classroom.
Summer 2021 Workshops
- Opens: Monday, May 3, 2021
- Closes: Friday, June 25, 2021 at 5 pm
- Payment must be submitted online when you register for the workshop (Visa, MasterCard, & Discover)
- After payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days
July 6, 7 & 8th (Virtual)
July 9th (On Campus)
Details: This workshop is structured to introduce the basic concepts of anatomy, and is designed for incoming students with little or no previous cadaver-based anatomical experiences. Students will participate in discussions with faculty and former anatomy students on the “best approach” to study anatomy, learn anatomical terminology, and experience a sample exam that models the presentation of difficult anatomical concepts. Students will begin to discover the organ systems through the study of skeletal material and previously dissected human organs, and whole cadavers. The workshop will include time in the gross anatomy laboratory studying human cadavers, and will emphasize laboratory safety as well as lab study strategies.
July 6, 7 & 8th (Virtual)
8:00am – Noon
Details: This workshop is a refresher for students prior to medical school. It serves as a review of biochemical pathways, biochemistry concepts and an introduction to histology. It is intended to complement an elementary foundation for students who feel weak in the area of biochemistry, and to facilitate techniques that may help the study of biochemistry and histology in medical school.
Please contact the Center for Academic Performance at CAP@unthsc.edu if you have any difficulty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- My circumstances have changed. Can I request a refund?
- If you would like to request a refund, you may do so by going to the following link https://unthsc.formstack.com/forms/premat_2020_refund_request. Refund requests must be received by June 25th at 5pm.
- Is there a limit to how many students can register for the workshop? If I don’t register right away, will I still get a spot?
- Registration is a first-come first-served process. All other workshops are capped at 160 registrants. Once we reach the registration cap, we will add students to a wait list. Payment and registration must be complete by June 25th at 5 pm. We encourage you to register and pay as soon as you can to secure a place in a workshop.
- Does this workshop count for course credit?
- No. This workshop is designed and taught by current students to help incoming students get ahead.
Please direct all other questions to:
This page was last modified on April 29, 2021