The Pharmacy workshop is aimed at helping incoming students review the fundamental knowledge and skills bases needed to perform at the best of your abilities. This workshop begins the afternoon of August 10th prior to New Student Orientation. Not only will you have the opportunity to refresh your knowledge in these areas in this workshop, you will have the opportunity to meet new classmates, gain beneficial new knowledge, and be exposed to the curriculum teaching/learning style. The facts and study tips presented will be “high yield” and designed to help you succeed in the classroom.
Summer 2020 Virtual Workshop Registration:
- Opens: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Closes: Friday, July 31st, 2020 at 5pm.
- Payment must be submitted online when you register for the workshop (Visa, MasterCard, & Discover).
- After payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days.
Pharmacy Virtual Workshop (first two days of orientation week)
August 10th: 1 pm – 5 pm
August 11th: 8 am – 12 pm
Details: Focus is on the undergraduate material that is most utilized and applicable to pharmacy coursework such as: fundamentals in mathematics, chemistry, and biochemistry. The workshop will also expose students to the principles covered in the first year pharmacy curriculum. Students who attend the workshop will gain access to session materials provided by workshop instructors as well as additional multimedia, notes and content that will continue to be provided throughout the year. All materials associated with the workshop, including a detailed schedule of topic delivery, all files, and resources will be delivered electronically no later than August 7th.
Workshop Details and Changes
Update: This workshop will now be virtual.
- You will receive a detailed schedule of the workshop on the first day.
- You do not need to purchase any supplies for this workshop. We will email links to all presentations the weekend before the workshop begins. It is your responsibility to download the presentations to your computer before the session or print the slides.
Register for the workshop is now closed.
Please contact the Center for Academic Performance at CAP@unthsc.edu if you have any difficulty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- My circumstances have changed. Can I request a refund?
- If you would like to request a refund, you may do so by going to the following link http://unthsc.formstack.com/forms/premat_2020_refund_request. Refund requests must be received by July 31st at 5pm.
- Is there a limit to how many students can register for the workshop? If I don’t register right away, will I still get a spot?
- Registration is a first-come first-served process. The workshop is capped at 160 registrants. Once we reach the registration cap, we will add students to a waitlist. Payment and registration must be complete by July 31st at 5pm. We encourage you to register and pay as soon as you can to secure a place in a workshop.
- Does this workshop count for course credit?
- No. This workshop is designed and taught by current students to help incoming students get ahead.
Please direct all other questions to:
This page was last modified on August 5, 2020