The UNTHSC Center for Academic Performance is proud to offer low-cost summer workshops for incoming DPT students. Not only will you have the opportunity to refresh your knowledge in these areas in our live workshops, you will have the opportunity to meet new classmates, gain beneficial new knowledge, and be exposed to the curriculum teaching/learning style. The facts and study tips presented will be “high yield” and designed to help you succeed in the classroom.
Summer 2020 Workshops
- Opens: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Closes: Friday, June 26, 2020 at 5pm.
- Payment must be submitted online when you register for the workshop (Visa, MasterCard, & Discover).
- After payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days.
Unfortunately, the Anatomy Pre-Matriculation Workshop has been canceled. We are unable to guarantee a learning environment that will be similar to the one you will experience in your fall classes, and it would, therefore, not be as beneficial as we would like. If you have signed up to attend the anatomy workshop, we will automatically process a refund for it as quickly as we can. We still want to provide all incoming students with some beneficial information and resources, so we will offer a virtual presentation to provide you with some information from both faculty and student instructors. This session will be free to all incoming students. More information will be forthcoming as we solidify details.
Clinical Reasoning Virtual Workshop
Update: This workshop will now be virtual. Please see below:
July 9, 2020
Afternoon Virtual Workshop
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
July 10, 2020
Morning and Afternoon Virtual Workshop
9:00 am -11:30 am and 1:00 pm-3:30 pm
Details: This workshop will discuss models of clinical reasoning, scientific inquiry and the basic concepts of clinical decision making and problem solving within the scope of physical therapy practice. Students will be introduced to the terminologies of disease, pathophysiology, impairments, functional limitation, disability, handicap and societal limitation. This workshop will facilitate students’ introductory study of differential diagnosis within physical therapy practice.
Please contact the Center for Academic Performance at CAP@unthsc.edu if you have any difficulty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- My circumstances have changed. Can I request a refund?
- If you would like to request a refund, you may do so by going to the following link https://unthsc.formstack.com/forms/premat_2020_refund_request. Refund requests must be received by June 26th at 5pm.
- Is there a limit to how many students can register for the workshop? If I don’t register right away, will I still get a spot?
- Registration is a first-come first-served process. All other workshops are capped at 160 registrants. Once we reach the registration cap, we will add students to a wait list. Payment and registration must be complete by June 26th at 5 pm. We encourage you to register and pay as soon as you can to secure a place in a workshop.
- Does this workshop count for course credit?
- No. This workshop is designed and taught by current students to help incoming students get ahead.
Please direct all other questions to:
This page was last modified on June 26, 2020