How do I request a transcript?

An official transcript can be requested by using our transcript request form. You can submit this form to us by fax, mail, or scanned email attachment. Official transcripts can only be sent by mail. Unofficial transcripts can be mailed, faxed, or emailed.

Is there a fee for transcripts?

Transcripts are free. When you request an official transcript to be mailed you will be given the option to purchase international or expedited shipping labels. These labels are optional and all official transcript can be mailed via USPS First Class Mail free of charge.  

What is the difference between an official and an unofficial transcript?

An official transcript has the official school seal, the registrar’s signature, and is printed on official transcript paper. An unofficial transcript has the same academic information as an official transcript but it is printed on plain white paper. 

How do I get my transcript uploaded to ERAS?

Submit a transcript request form and request an ERAS Transcript. When we receive this form, we will forward your request to Career Services who will upload the transcript for you.

Can I have someone pick up my transcript for me?

You can have someone pick up your transcript or other documents for you if the person requesting the transcript or academic records specified in writing the name of the person who will pick up the documents. The person picking up the documents must have photo identification.

Why has my transcript not been processed?

Your transcript might not have been processed if:

• You have a hold on your account. You can check your holds at my.hsc.unt.edu.

• You forgot to sign your transcript request form.

Please feel free to contact us and request confirmation regarding your transcript request. We keep records of your request for one year.

Can you mail transcripts overseas?


How do I find out if my transcript arrived from another school?

All incoming transcripts are handled by the individual schools at UNTHSC. Please check your student portal, my.hsc.unt.edu, to ascertain which items, if any are still needed in your application process or contact the admissions office of your school (TCOM, SPH, GSBS, PA, PT, Pharmacy).


How do I get an enrollment verification?

You can get an enrollment verification by completing and submitting the Enrollment Verification Form. We can return the verification to you via fax, mail, or email. We do not process enrollment verifications until after the census date. If you need a verification before the census date, please contact us.

I have my In School Loan Deferment Request Form. What do I do with it?

You will need to verify the information on the deferment form, sign the form, and send it to us with an Enrollment Verification Form. We will verify your status and send the form back to the lender after the census date.

Can you verify enrollment for future semesters?

No. However, if you feel that you have extenuating circumstances, please feel free to contact us.

What is a matriculation date?

A matriculation date is the date that a student begins enrollment as a degree seeking student.

What is the census date?

The census date is set by the university and marks the end of the add/drop period for a term. On this day, the university takes a “snapshot” of the enrollment which becomes the official enrollment that is used for both state reporting and deletion of unpaid registrants. The census date is the 12th class day for the fall and the spring terms. Census dates in the summer vary according to the length of the different summer sessions within the term. Please refer to the academic calendar for your program of study for the specific census dates.

Records and Grades

Can I request a copy of my board scores?

There is a check box available on the Academic Records Request form specifically for board scores. We will provide for you documentation of both scores if available. Our policy is that all scores and exams are reported.

How do I request a copy of my dean’s letter (or Medical School Performance Evaluation)?

You can request a copy of your dean’s letter by filling out the Academic Records Request form.

What is my student ID number?

Your ID number is a unique number used to identify you while you are here at HSC. If you do not know your Student ID number, you can find it at ams.unt.edu. Enter your EUID and password to login; your Student ID number will be displayed as the UNT System ID.

What is my EUID?

EUID stands for “Enterprise UserID” and is used to access computer resources across campus such as wireless, email, and library computers. You can also find out your EUID and reset your password.

What is the difference between an EUID number and a student ID?

Your EUID is used primarily to log on to campus technology such as wireless and email. It is usually your initials followed by 4 numbers (i.e. – abc0055).

Your student ID is a set of 8 numbers that is used to identify your permanent records such as transcripts, grades, or student accounts. This number is confidential and cannot be given out to individuals or agencies outside of HSC.

How do I officially change my name with the school?

To change your name, submit the Update Contact Information form and submit it to us with:

1. A copy of your identification (driver’s license, social security card, passport, etc).

2. A copy of the legal documentation of the name change. If you copy your marriage license, please be sure to copy both sides if applicable.

If you wish to change your campus email address as well, please contact the Accounts Administrator after submitting to us your name change request.

How do I change my address, phone number, or personal email with the school?

Submit the Update Contact Information form or log in to my.hsc.unt.edu and follow these instructions.

One of my grades is wrong. What do I do?

You will need to contact your instructor or your school (SBS, SPH, etc.) and discuss with them the grade. They will then submit the Change of Grade form. Please contact us if you have further questions.

I received a low grade in a class and retook that same course. How do I keep the low grade from calculating into in my GPA?

If you are in the School of Biomedical Sciences or the School of Public Health, we need you to email registrar@unthsc.edu from your live.unthsc.edu email account requesting that this grade not be calculated into your GPA. Please include with you request your name, student ID number, and the course that you retook (with semester).


I’m having problems enrolling in classes. What do I do?

Be sure to check my.hsc.unt.edu for any holds on your account.

If you applied to graduate during the previous semester, you will need to contact the Registrar and Student Records Office to reactivate your enrollment. You will need to reapply for graduation in the future.

If you are having trouble enrolling in an individual course, check the prerequisites for that course. If you are having a prerequisite error, please contact your school (School of Public Health or School of Biomedical Sciences).

If you need a permission number, please contact your school (School of Public Health or School of Biomedical Sciences).