I’m having problems enrolling in classes. What do I do?

-Be sure to check my.hsc.unt.edu for any holds on your account.
-If you applied to graduate during the previous semester, you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar to reactivate your enrollment. You will need to reapply for graduation in the future.
-If you are having trouble enrolling in an individual course, check the prerequisites for that course. If you are having a prerequisite error, please contact your school (School of Public Health or Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences).
-If you need a permission number, please contact your school (School of Public Health or Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences).

I’m having problems dropping a class. What do I do?

-You can fill out the add/drop form (required when needing instructor approval)* or submit a request in writing to the office of the registrar that includes:
-Your name.
-The course you are dropping.
-Your student ID number.
-Your signature. On email requests, your live.unthsc.edu email address will be honored as your signature.
-If you want to withdraw from the university, the system will not allow you to drop the last class of the semester. You must formally withdraw from the university. Please see the Withdrawal/Leave of Absence webpage for more information.
-*Please consult the Academic Calendar to see when instructor approval is required. When instructor approval is needed, please use the drop class form.

Why can’t I drop my online course during the add/drop period?

Our system does not allow students to drop their last class in a semester. This prevents students from leaving the university without completing withdrawal or leave of absence documentation. Our system is set up so that each session (8 week 1, 8 week 2, Summer I, etc.) is viewed separately, preventing the last class from being dropped during these sessions. However, withdrawal and leave of absence documentation are only needed when the last class of a long semester (Fall or Spring) is dropped.

When is the last day I can drop a class?

You can find this information on the academic calendar. It is your responsibility to talk to your advisor before dropping a class. You might not receive a full refund. Please contact us if you have questions.

How do I withdraw from the university?

To withdraw from the university, you must come by the Office of the Registrar and pick up a Request for Withdrawal or Leave of Absence form. This form must be completed and signed by the appropriate individuals before your withdrawal can be processed. If you are unable to visit campus to pick up this form, please contact us via phone or email.