HSC Student vs. HSC Learner
- Individuals registered for for-credit courses leading to a degree will have those courses on an official HSC transcript.
- Individuals registered for not-for-credit courses (not leading to a degree) such as microcredentials or continued education, will not have those courses on an official HSC transcript.
- Individuals registered for not-for-credit courses only (not leading to a degree) are not counted toward formula funding and do not receive financial aid.
- Individuals registered for not-for-credit courses (not leading to a degree) do not pay for all fees outlined in the Texas Education Code. Instead, these individuals pay for a host of services at a discounted cost that benefit them only as it relates directly to their not-for-credit course (i.e. do not pay school or program/student service fees, but may pay for a specific service related to the library or academic support).
- Individuals taking not-for-credit courses only are not subject to the same standards related to compliance training. This does not apply to degree seeking students who are enrolled in not-for-credit courses as part of their degree (i.e. certain examination courses).