The Career Center facilitates several aspects of the Residency Application process for Fourth Year DO students. This primarily includes writing the Medical Student Performance Evaluation, or MSPE (aka, “Dean’s Letter”), as well as reviewing student CVs and Personal Statements. The Career Center also advises Military students who are applying for the Military Match through MODS (Military Operational Data System).
MSPE Student Profile Form – submit before your MSPE Advisor Interview during your Third Year (due by May 1). Advisor Interviews take place between June-August at the beginning of Fourth Year.
For the 2021 class, this form can be found in Formstack: https://unthsc.formstack.com/forms/mspe_student_profile_form
Below are several resources and documents to assist students in navigating through this process. For the TCOM 2020 class specifically:
- ERAS 2020 Webinar (conducted 6/28/19)
- TCOM 2020 ERAS/MSPE Updates (conducted 3/1/19)
- Residency Interviewing PowerPoint
- Sample MSPE (aka, “Dean’s Letter”) – Updated template for 2020
- ERAS LOR Guidelines/Best Practices (for your letter-writers)
- The CV
- Personal Statements
This page was last modified on July 3, 2020