Proposal Submission Deadline
The Division of Research and Innovation has a mandatory deadline for submission of proposals to the Office of Sponsored Programs. The administrative components of an application, at minimum, are due no later than five (5) business days prior to the sponsor deadline date.
- A completed External Proposal Transmittal (EPT) Form signed by all relevant parties
- A completed and signed sponsor application package (except for the Science Components defined below)
- Project Summary/Abstract (draft; should be included in the approval routing of the EPT form)
- Detailed budget and justification (Note: If the budget format required by the sponsor is not sufficiently detailed, then a detailed budget should be submitted to OSP for review. Normally, if you are using the budget worksheet available on OSP’s website, that should be sufficient.)
- Appropriate administrative documents for all external participating institutions (consortia)
- Letter of Intent to enter into a Consortium Agreement, signed by the subawardee’s Institutional Authorized Official
- Statement of Work
- Budget Justification
- Letters of support (Institutional, named consultants and/or collaborators)
- Confirmation of sponsor-specific indirect cost policy as specified in the sponsor’s published written policy or program guidelines (for indirect cost rates other than UNTHSC’s federally negotiated rate)
- Cost Share Form (if applicable)
- F&A Waiver Request Form (if applicable; deadline of 2 weeks prior to the sponsor deadline)
- PI Eligibility Form (if applicable; Must be submitted to OSP for consideration 2 weeks prior to the sponsor deadline)
The remaining components (science) of an application will be due no later than one (1) business day prior to the agency deadline date.
The Faculty Research Support Team is available to assist with the preparation of many of these documents, as is the Office of Research Services for Faculty in School of Public Health, and the Administrative Core for faculty in the Institute for Translational Research.
Any grant submitted to OSP after the above required deadlines must have a written waiver from the Vice President for Research in order to be accepted and processed for submission to the Sponsor.
In order to make such an exception request, the PI must submit via email to OSPInt@unthsc.edu and Angie.Trevino@unthsc.edu for a late grant application review approval. The email should detail the following:
- Actual deadline date for this grant proposal submission.
- Reason for Waiver:
- New PI
- PI Illness/Family Death
- Inadequate Planning:
- Out of Office / Short-Staffed
- Modifications / Incomplete Proposal
- Errors / Oversight / Miscommunication about Proposal Process
- Technical Issues
- Complexity of Application (i.e. International Project)
- Delay with Department Approval or Review
- Great Opportunity
- Late Invitation to Participate in Project
- Late Notice of Available Extra Funds
- Subcontractor Delay
- Incomplete Subcontractor Paperwork
- Subcontractor Delay in Approvals or Budget Completion
- Explanation: Please provide any comments, description of the circumstances, as to why 1) the administrative components of the application will not be received by OSP five (5) business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline or 2) the science narrative components of the application will not be received one (1) business days prior to the deadline.
This page was last modified on January 31, 2020