Proposal Submission Deadline
Proposal Deadline Exception Request update effective March 8, 2022
In an attempt to empower our researchers and research community to have a greater level of ownership over their proposal submissions, the Office of Sponsored Programs Pre-Award review will now be limited to the below documentation, until further notice.
- A fully routed proposal in GRAMS that was approved by all relevant parties
- Budget (Note: If the budget format required by the sponsor is not sufficiently detailed, then a detailed budget should be submitted to OSP for review. Normally, if you are using the budget builder functionality in GRAMS that should be sufficient.)
- COI for all personnel (internal and external)
- Appropriate administrative documents for all external participating institutions (consortia)
- Letter of Intent to enter into a Consortium Agreement, signed by the subawardee’s Institutional Authorized Official
- Statement of Work
- For indirect cost rates other than UNTHSC’s federally negotiated rate, confirmation of sponsor-specific indirect cost policy as specified in the sponsor’s published written policy or program guidelines
- Cost Share Form (if applicable)
- F&A Waiver Request Form (if applicable; deadline of 2 weeks prior to the sponsor deadline)
- PI Eligibility Form (if applicable; Must be submitted to OSP for consideration 2 weeks prior to the sponsor deadline)
Office of Sponsored Programs will no longer review biosketches, budget justifications, letters of support from unpaid collaborators, or conduct packet reviews.
Deadlines – for most proposals 5 business days prior to deadline, grants meeting express lane eligibility can be turned in one full business day before the Sponsor deadline. You can use this calculator to determine your submission deadline based upon your proposal’s due date.
The DRI Department Research Administrators (DRA) Pre-award support is available to assist with the preparation of many of these documents, as is the Office of Research Services for faculty in School of Public Health, and the Administrative Core for faculty in the Institute for Translational Research. They should be contacted 30-days ahead of the proposal submission due date.
Any grant submitted to Office of Sponsored Programs after the above-required deadlines must submit an Exception Waiver Request via the button below to obtain approval from the Executive Vice President for Research in order to be accepted and processed for submission to the Sponsor.