Published: October 29, 2020
It’s hard to believe the Holidays are right around the corner and this semester will soon come to an end. This year has presented us with challenges no one could have ever predicted yet you have all leaned in with an incredible amount of tenacity and perseverance and I am very proud and grateful for our HSC students, faculty, and staff.
As we are working on our plans for the Spring semester to potentially include more in-person student experiences, please note all plans are contingent upon city and state ordinances regarding the pandemic as this could continue for many more months. However, we are optimistically looking forward to more of an on-campus presence with carefully monitored protocols in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Stay tuned for more details from your respective college/program and as always, mask up, distance yourself, and be safe!
Here’s an overview of what’s happening on campus in November:
- Center for Anatomical Sciences: RES 100, 7am-5pm
- Friday, November 6th
- Monday, November 9th
- Tuesday, November 10th
- Wednesday, November 11th
- Thursday, November 12th
- Center for Anatomical Sciences: RES 114, 7am-5pm
- Friday, November 13th
Peak Campus-Based Learning Days
Following are dates when we anticipate a larger volume of people on campus involved with in-person learning activities. These will typically be broken into small group activities that report to rooms at scheduled times:
- Tuesday, November 10
- DO students: MET 1st and 4th floors, 11:30am-5pm
- MD students: IREB 100, 3rd floor, 12pm-6pm
- Pharmacy students: RES 114 and 102, IREB 220, 260 and 270, 8am-5pm
- Friday, November 13
- DO students: MET 1st and 4th floors, 8am-6pm
- MD students: IREB 100, 12pm-5pm
- PA students: EAD 4th/5th floors, EAD 603-610, and Atrium, 8am-5pm
- Pharmacy students: IREB 220, 260, and 270, 8am-5pm
- Wednesday, November 18
- DO students: MET 1st and 4th floors, Anatomy Lab, 8am-5pm
- Pharmacy students: RES 102, 114, 8am-5pm
- MD students: IREB 3rd floor, 12pm-6pm
- Friday, November 20
- Pharmacy students: IREB 100, 8am-5pm
- PA students: EAD 4th floor, 108 & Atrium, MET 420, 434, and 209-214, 8am-5pm
- DO students: MET 1st and 4th floors, Anatomy Lab, 1pm-5pm
- Monday, November 23
- Pharmacy students: IREB 100, 8am-5pm
- DO students: MET 1st and 4th floors; Anatomy Lab, 8am-5pm
- Tuesday, November 24
- DO students: MET 1st and 4th floors; Anatomy Lab, 1pm-5pm
The Lewis Library
The library will remain closed for general use at this time. Library services will continue to be delivered online and updates regarding its reopening will be posted on the library website.
Quiet Study Space
Students are now able to access the 2nd-4th floors of the Lewis Library for quiet study space.
Following are the guidelines to utilize the Library for after-hours study space:
- Study space will be available on the 2nd-4th floors, Sundays through Thursdays from 5pm–11pm.
- Your HSC badge is required to enter the Library. Keep badge visible while in the building so HSC Police and other staff can identify you as a student.
- Outside visitors will not be allowed to enter the Library.
- There will be defined individual and small group study areas with spaced out seating. Please do not rearrange any of the seating areas.
- Everyone will be required to follow campus protocols including wearing a mask, physical distancing, and practicing personal accountability to promote a safe environment and model our HSC values.
Additionally, we have the following quiet study areas available for student use Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm (exceptions below):
- EAD 108 (except 11/13 and 11/20, 11am-1:30pm)
- RES 100
- MET 124 (except 11/2, 11/3, 11/10, 11/12, 11/13, and 11/23)
- IREB 250
HSC Health will be offering free flu shots to employees and students throughout the month of November in HSC Health. You can schedule an appointment to conveniently receive your flu shot in the clinic on a day/time that work best for you. Call Priority Care at 817.735.2273 or via online at https://phreesia.me/Flu-Shot-Scheduling. Your health and safety are our main priority so masking and physical distancing will be enforced while on campus.
- We now have a COVID-19 dashboard tracking active cases at HSC. Due to privacy concerns, HSC can offer only limited case information.
- You should receive an email every Friday from the HSC News Office with active HSC-related COVID-19 cases.
- When a positive case is reported, contact tracing is used to determine if/when the student or employee was last on campus and their interactions. Team members who have been in close contact with a positive case are notified and provided
- Please report all positive or negative COVID-19 test results and potential exposures to HSCCOVID@unthsc.edu.
Services and resources currently available:
Coursera Learning Management System for UNT System
- We now can utilize UNT MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) for FREE through April 30, 2021 (this has been extended from December 31, 2020.)
- Provides access to approx. 3,800 non-credit courses that can be used as a great resource for high quality, supplemental content for our HSC online courses.
- Courses can be accessed at https://online.unt.edu/courseraforunt.
One University Studio
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays by appointment only
- Email email@example.com for more information
The Torched Apron
- Located in the IREB, open Monday-Friday, 11am-1:30pm
HSC Student Health Clinic
- In-person and virtual patient visits are available Monday-Thursday
- Virtual patient visits only – available on Friday
- Call 817-735-5051 (student health)
- Call 817-735-CARE (employee health)
HSC Food Pantry
- Student Services Building, open Monday-Friday, 8am–5pm