Center for Geriatrics
Center for Geriatrics
855 Montgomery St. UNTHSC Health Pavilion 4th Floor Fort Worth, TX 76107
- GAPP 817-735-2200
- Geriatric Psychiatry & Neuropsychology 817-735-2400
Older adults often have complex health needs. The geriatricians at UNT Health Science Center are trained to diagnose and treat older adult health care issues.
Our board-certified geriatricians, physicians with certificates of added qualifications in Geriatrics, specialized nurse practitioners, psychologist and social service coordinator are committed to improving the physical and mental function of our patients, with a focus on improving and maintaining their quality of life. Our physicians can serve as your primary medical provider, and provide comprehensive care for all your needs.
The goal of the UNT Health Science Center Geriatrics is to empower seniors and help them stay healthy enough to lead the best quality of life possible.
The Geriatrics Division offers:
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Program
- Care of elderly frail and complicated older persons
- Dementia evaluations and treatment
- Elderly well care
- Nursing home, house calls, ambulatory and hospital-based care
Our fellowship-trained specialists in dementia care also lead the area’s major medical and clinical research programs for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
- Medical evaluation and treatment of problems common in later life, including (but not limited to) arthritis, osteoporosis, urinary incontinence, shingles, post-shingles pain and multiple medication use. Our staff members are skilled in the assessment of elders with multiple health issues. The goal of treatment is to help patients participate as fully as possible in the activities of daily living.
- Cognitive and psychiatric evaluation and treatment of conditions such as memory problems, confusion, dementia, depression, anxiety and thought disorders.
- Social evaluation and counseling for caregiver stress, adjustment issues for seniors and family members, problems of daily living and problems managing individuals with a dementing illness. The clinic also provides information about community resources that help older people continue living in their own homes.
- Level of Care Consultation to evaluate the need for appropriate care and to plan for it, if necessary.
This page was last modified on June 7, 2018