HSC Health Pediatrics in Fort Worth
Approved by Moms & Kids Across DFW
Top Rated Pediatricians in Fort Worth
The Pediatric department offers a wide range of medical services for patients – from newborns to adolescents. Our physicians, physician assistants, and staff offer your children quality medical services including:
- Well-child preventive medical check-ups
- Acute care
- Chronic medical conditions
- Laboratory testing
- Health screenings
- Health education and resources for parents and patients
Find a top-rated pediatrician in Fort Worth, TX at HSC Health when you call 817-735-2363.
HSC Health Pediatrics in Fort Worth, TX
We provide comprehensive resources for your child’s health care needs.
We are currently accepting new patients from newborns to 18 years of age. Your HSC Health pediatrics team includes board-certified Fort Worth pediatricians and physician assistants along with social workers and a child and adolescent psychologist.
From their first steps to getting their first driver’s license, your family deserves a doctor that sticks with you for the journey.
Skip dragging your sick kiddo to the drugstore after their appointment. With the addition of the Stellus Rx Pharmacy right across the hall from our pediatric department, you can pick up prescriptions quickly and be on your way.
Find a Pediatrician in 3 Easy Steps
1. Add to Your Insurance
Contact your insurance carrier after your baby is born to add them to your plan.
2. Select a PCP
Choose a provider as your Primary Care Provider by visiting us online.
3. Call to Schedule Your Appointment
Call 817-735-2363 and help your little one feel better in no time.
Our Patients Are Saying…
★ “Dr. Goodrich listens to the parent and explains everything very well. She cares about the kids and is an amazing doctor.“
★ “If I can rate Dr. Bui she would get 1000. She is an amazing, compassionate doctor who not only is relatable but actually cares for her patients. The medical student was also amazing and great with my kids. He will for sure be a great doctor, he had lots of patience with my kids and also was very knowledgeable.”
★ “Dr. Matches is amazing with my twins! She’s patient, listens to all my concerns, and always tells me that I’m a great mother and taking great care of my kids!”
Pediatrics Frequently Asked Questions
Well-child visits provide parents with a regularly scheduled opportunity to learn about their child’s health and well-being.
During a well-child visit, your doctor will:
- Complete a history and conduct a nutritional screening
- Perform a physical exam
- Track your child’s growth, development, and behavior milestones
- Vaccinate your child – All children must receive recommended vaccines to be a patient of HSC Health
- Perform blood tests, if needed
- Discuss illness prevention, nutrition and physical fitness, and health and safety issues
- Discuss how to handle emergencies and sudden illness
- Parent or legal guardian’s photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or school ID)
- Insurance card
- Shot records
- All newborn discharge paperwork from the hospital (for newborn appointments only)
- Medications list
Because we are committed to protecting the health of your children through vaccination, HSC Health follows a procedure in regard to vaccine scheduling that applies to all pediatric patients within our practice.
HSC Health will follow the recommended vaccine schedule and guidelines established by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), based on years of scientific study and data gathered. We firmly believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illness and to save lives and we believe in the safety of our vaccines. This vaccine schedule plays an important part in our responsibility to protect our communities and families from vaccine-preventable diseases.
Procedures and expectations for the vaccine guideline are as follows:
- We encourage all patients and their caretakers to follow the CDC, AAP, and Texas Department of Health vaccine schedule with vaccines starting at the age of 2 months.
- For those behind schedule, all children must begin receiving vaccines by age 4 months and be up to date on vaccines by the age of 18 months.
- Parents or caretakers who do not agree with the UNTHSC Clinical Practice Group vaccine procedure and do not plan on immunizing their children within the time frame specified will be asked to sign a “Vaccine Refusal Form” and given a 1-month grace period to find another pediatric practice.
- Parents or caregivers who join our practice with an unimmunized or under-immunized patient must agree and initiate the “catch-up” immunization plan in accordance with the current AAP, CDC, and Texas Department of Health recommended immunization schedule.
- Check In
Before each appointment, you will receive a notification to complete an online, required check-in form with some screening questions to ask about your child and family’s well-being
- Prepare Your Schedule
We do our best to be on time, but sometimes we run behind. We are teaching facility and have students in our clinics who are part of our team. We ask that you keep enough time allocated for your appointment so you can get the best care possible with us!
- Ask Questions
We work best as a team! Please ask any and all questions or concerns with your provider.
- Plan Ahead
Be sure you have enough refills of medications until your next scheduled follow-up.
- Refill requests: 72 hours
- Referrals: 1-2 weeks
- Prescription prior authorizations: 3-5 business days
- Insurance authorizations: 3-5 business days
- Letter from your provider: 3-5 business days
- Daycare/physical forms: 3-5 business days
- School notes: 24-48 hours
- Shot records: Up to 15 business days
The Best Pediatricians Near Fort Worth’s Cultural District
HSC Health is the academic clinical practice of the University of North Texas (UNT) Health Science Center. Call 817-735-2363 and ask about same-day or next-day appointments.
855 Montgomery St.
Health Pavilion 1st Floor
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
Monday – Friday
8 am – 5 pm
Give us a call at (817) 735-2363 to schedule an appointment.