March 2013 Gold Star Recipient Susan Rogers, Administrative Specialist from the Department of Integrative Physiology and Anatomy, receives her award from Provost Tom Yorio.
Managerial, Professional, Office Service and Research Staff employed in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences are eligible to receive this incentive award.
- Consistently providing outstanding customer service or improving effectiveness or efficiencies of daily operations
- Contributing to and supporting the mission and vision of GSBS in the best interest of GSBS constituents
- Promoting and acknowledging individual accountability for organization success
- Creating and fostering an environment of learning and communication
- Raising the standard on quality and having high expectations for performance
- Respecting individuals for their cultures, contributions, and points of view
- Pursuing excellence in a professional, ethical manner
- Gold Star certificate signed by the GSBS Dean
- $50 award
- Recognition at quarterly Dean’s Toast and GSBS Faculty and Staff Assembly
- Career development award of up to $1000. The career development funds may be used for the following:
- Registration/tuition expenses for conference, seminars, or classes that are job related;
- Travel expenses to approved training/conference location, consistent with applicable UNTHSC policy;
- Financial support for job or career-related training and development;
- Training or coursework leading to certification in the employee’s field of work;
- Coursework or other programs taken online, providing courses are job related;
- Costs associated with required learning materials for approved training, classes/conferences, consistent with applicable UNTHSC policy.
|Linda LaRose, DNA Quality Assurance Program Manager in the Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, was named the first recipient of the GSBS Dean’s Commendation Gold Star Award at the GSBS Faculty/Staff Assembly on January 24, 2012.|
|Syndi Espinosa, Administrative Associate in the Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, was named as the Second Quarter 2012 recipient of the Dean’s Commendation Gold Star Award at the GSBS Faculty/Staff Assembly held on May 30, 2012.|
|Arthur Williams, Technical/Administrative Director in the Department of Integrative Physiology and Anatomy, was named as the recipient of the Dean’s Commendation Gold Star Award at the GSBS Faculty/Staff Assembly in July.|
Nominate a Colleague Today!
The GSBS The GSBS Dean’s Commendation Gold Star Award is given to individuals through an open nomination process. The GSBS Recognition and Reward Committee reviews nominations and selects the recipients for this award. One Gold Star Award is given each quarter at the GSBS Faculty and Staff Assembly immediately preceding the quarterly Dean’s Toast. A Gold Star awardee may not be eligible to receive the award for two years. Managerial, professional, office service, and research staff members are eligible to receive this award.
This page was last modified on June 10, 2015