The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth commencement ceremony, held each spring semester, is intended to recognize students who will complete all graduation requirements by the end of the spring semester and those that completed their requirements in the previous fall or summer semesters. In some cases, students ask to participate (“walk”) in commencement although they will not complete all graduation requirements in that semester.
Students are only eligible to participate in commencement if they will complete all degree requirements prior to the last day in their spring semester. Students with course(s), an internship or rotation to be completed in the upcoming summer or fall semester would not be eligible to participate in the previous spring commencement.
Students who would like to request to participate in a ceremony outside of their actual graduation semester should send an email to their College’s Dean and/or Associate dean for eligibility and approval.
For questions regarding these procedures, please email email@example.com.
2024 Commencement Ceremony
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Summer and Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Graduates are able to order regalia, announcements, rings and diploma frames in a one-stop shop. Proceeds from announcements and diploma frames benefit Student Scholarships at HSC! To order any of the above items, please visit the Herff Jones website by clicking HERE. The deadline to order graduate regalia for the 2024 Commencement Ceremony is April 27th, 2024.
Graduates should have received an email from Marching Order. This email will likely go to your spam/junk folder, so please check it. The Marching Order website will give you access to register for the ceremony, pre-record your name and add a photo and/or personal message for the pre-ceremony slideshow.
Marching Order Deadlines: April 21st at 11:59 pm
- Registering for the Commencement Ceremony:
- The Marching Order website will close on April 21st at 11:59 pm and graduates will no longer have access.
- Pre-Recording Graduate Name:
- Graduates must submit the registration form in order for your name recording and name changes to go through.
- If graduates do not fill out this section, your name will be read and displayed as it is listed within the Office of the Registrar.
- Submitting Pre-Ceremony Slideshow Information (Photo and/or Personal Message):
- The graduate pre-ceremony slide show will be displayed on the jumbotron at Dickies Arena prior to the ceremony starting.
- Graduate slides will only be displayed within the pre-ceremony slideshow if you submit a photo and/or personal message.
- We recommend using this platform to thank your friends, family, loved ones and/or HSC faculty and staff.
If you would like to invite family or friends from abroad, students can provide an invitation letter to their visitor(s) to present with their visa application, we suggest that you, yourself write a letter for the visitor(s). See a suggested template below.
Consular officials from the U.S. Department of State have stated that B-2 tourist/visitor visa applicants do not need an invitation letter from the school in order to process a visa application and that the letters are not helpful. Invitation letters are not a documentation requirement in order for visitors to apply for a tourist visa.
For specific required documentation, please refer to the specific U.S. Embassy website that your visitor(s) will be going to for their interview: http://www.usembassy.gov
If you need disability accommodations to fully participate in this event, please contact Brandie Wiley, Director of the Office of Disability Access at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit requests by May 1st to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation.
Ashlee Jimenez, MS, CCLS
Assistant Director, Center for Student Life