HSC is transitioning back to normal operations and a greater presence of students, staff and faculty on campus. As part of this plan, all HSC faculty and staff will make a full return to campus on Monday, May 17.
Please visit the HSC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response website for more information.
The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (students that are completing their final semester at the time of application are eligible to apply). The admissions committee holistically reviews each applicant by considering all components of the application when making an admissions decision. Application files are not complete and will not be processed until all supporting documentation, including the application fee, have been received.
Application materials including official transcripts and evaluations, letters of recommendation, fee payments, official test scores and any other required items must be received no later than 2 weeks or 15 days after the posted deadline. For example an application that closes on the 1st all items will be due by the 15th, an application that closes on the 15th all items will be due on the 1st.
Applications for GSBS programs are supported on a variety of online platforms. Please follow the link below based on your program of interest.
- MS in Medical Science application is located here.
- PhD/MS (traditional bench research) application is located here.
- Clinical Research Management (spring start) application is located here.
- Biomedical Entrepreneurship (fall start) application is located here.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please email Admissions@unthsc.edu. It is strongly recommended to apply early.
Admission Requirements & Official Credentials
To be considered for admission, the applicant must submit the following official credentials to the appropriate CAS portal (see links above) :
- The application fee is waived for McNair scholars with documentation of participation. Application fees plus applicable program fees will be paid through application portal service.
- Applicable Program Fees:
- MedSci Application fee $185 (Includes $50 application fee).
- Traditional PhD and Master's program $ 135 (Includes $50 application fee).
- CRM application fee $74 (Includes $50 application fee).
- Official transcripts from each and every college/university attended
- A course-by-course evaluation from WES is also required for transcripts from institutions outside the U.S.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Official entrance examination scores are required for the Medical Science Cohort (on-campus) depending on the program of interest: MCAT, DAT, or PCAT. The Medical Science Online, Clinical Research Management, and traditional MS and Ph.D. disciplines do not require an entrance examination score. Applicants may choose to provide a GRE score to supplement the application.
- A TOEFL score is required for international applicants.
- Supplemental materials may be submitted (GRE score, certificates, etc.) but are not required unless designated by application requirements per program Program-Specific Application Processes.
Pre-Requisite Courses Required
Medical Science Cohort and Online Prerequisite Requirements:
- General or Inorganic Chemistry: at least six credits of course work and two credits of laboratory work
- Biology: at least 12 semester credits of course work and two credits of laboratory work
- Physics: at least six semester credits of course work and two credits of laboratory work
- Organic Chemistry: at least six semester credits of course work and two credits of laboratory work
- English: two 3-credit semester courses
- Statistics: one 3-credit semester course
Clinical Research Management, Biotechnology do not have specific pre-requisite courses required; however, a strong science background with lab experience is highly recommended.
Traditional (Research-Based) MS and PhD programs do not have specific prerequisite courses required; however, a strong science background with lab experience is highly recommended.
Please review the appropriate application guide (linked below) for submission instructions and details on the application process specific to each program.
All application materials must be received by the deadline. All application materials submitted become the property of UNT Health Science Center and cannot be returned.
|Program||Spring 2022||Summer 2022||Fall 2022|
|Medical Science Cohort (on campus)||n/a||3/1/2022||n/a|
|Medical Science Online||n/a||n/a||7/1/2022|
|Clinical Research Management Cohort (on campus)||11/15/2021||3/1/2022||7/1/2022|
|Clinical Research Management Online||11/15/2021||3/1/2022||7/1/2022|
|Traditional (Bench Research) MS and PhD||n/a||n/a||3/1/2022|
It is highly recommended that non-U.S. citizens apply well in advance of these deadlines to allow the preparation of immigration documents
Important: All GSBS admissions committees review files on a rolling basis. The earlier your application file is complete, the sooner your file will be reviewed. If you are currently enrolled, your application must include transcripts with the previous semester’s grades and a copy of the current semester registration.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Pharmacy, or School of Health Professions and are applying for the graduate portion of a dual degree program should complete the online application as directed above. Once the application has been submitted, these applicants should then notify the admissions office by emailing our office at Admissions@unthsc.edu of the specific dual degree program to which they are applying.
- Non-degree seeking & course transfer students:
- Students at the University of North Texas (UNT) requesting enrollment for classes to transfer to UNT for their degree programs should e-mail their request to Admissions@unthsc.edu rather than completing an application.
Please view the catalog for official admissions policies.
The Certificate in Biomedical Entrepreneurship is the only application that requires document submission directly to the school at the time of application.
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
UNT Health Science Center
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76107