BS Application Guide
Applications are open!
The admissions committee holistically reviews each applicant by considering all components of the application when making an admissions decision. Application files are not complete and will not be processed until all supporting documentation, including the application processing fee, has been received.
Admitted students may receive scholarships based on their past academic performance.
Application Dates & Deadlines
|Term||Applications Open||Applications Close|
|Spring 2023||September 15, 2022||November 15, 2022|
|Summer 2023||November 15, 2022||April 15, 2023|
|Fall 2023||April 1, 2023||July 1, 2023|
Please note applications for each term close at 10:59 PM CST on dates indicated above.
For applications that close on the 1st, all supporting materials will be due by the 15th; for applications that close on the 15th, all supporting materials will be due on the 1st.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress
- Completed Coursework
- 60 credit hours completed prior to UNTHSC enrollment
- 42 credit hours of Texas Core Complete required
- Up to 73 lower-level hours may transfer, pending transcript evaluation. There is no limit to the number of upper-level hours that may transfer, however the last 30 hours must be completed at UNTHSC
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA minimum
- 2.0 minimum GPA in science/math pre-requisites
- 15-16 science/math pre-requisite hours must be completed before admission to UNTHSC：
- General Chemistry I + Lab (4 SCH)
- Organic Chemistry I + Lab (4 SCH)
- General Biology I + Lab (4 SCH)
- Pre-Calculus, College Algebra, or equivalent (3-4 SCH)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- If you are currently enrolled, your application must include transcripts with the previous semester’s grades and a copy of your current semester registration.
- Transcripts are submitted directly via the online application at AHCAS.
- AHCAS transcript submission guide.
- Essay Questions
- Describe your purpose in pursuing this degree.
- Describe skills and attributes that make you a successful online learner.
- Optional Items
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (Letters from instructors or supervisors who can speak to your ability to be successful in an online program.)
- Application Fee ($68 AHCAS + $50 UNTHSC Processing Fee)
(The application fee is valid for one year from the application date.)
Science classes completed in the last 5 years OR recent relevant work experience.