- Contribute to healthier communities by assisting in protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the students and members of the UNTHSC community.
- Foster student success.
- Provide a comprehensive response to students whose behavior is disruptive to themselves or the educational environment, or may be in violation of the Student Code of Conduct & Discipline.
The Care Team often collaborates with other offices within the campus community. Other offices with similar purposes include the Office of Student Affairs, Center for Academic Performance, and the UNTHSC Police Department.
The UNTHSC cares about our students’ success, not only academically, but emotionally and physically. Because of our commitment, we provide services across campus that respond to our students’ unique needs. But sometimes, students do not ask for help when they need it. Through the creation of a collaborative interdisciplinary team, the university will provide a caring, confidential program of identification, intervention, and response in order to provide students with the greatest chance for success and the university community with the greatest level of protection.
If you have any questions or concerns for the Care Team about a student or an incident, contact the Care Team at (817) 735-2740 or CareTeam@unthsc.edu. Referrals can be submitted through the online Student of Concern Reporting Form.
How to Refer a Student to the Care Team
To refer a student to the Care Team, please submit your concern through the Student of Concern Reporting Form. If you are concerned about a student, but have not witnessed any distressing or disruptive behavior, please explain your concern in detail.
The Care Team meets regularly throughout the year, and will review your referral at the next meeting. If a situation requires immediate attention, an emergency Care Team meeting can be called at the determination of the Care Team chair. The multidisciplinary panel will determine, based on reasonable judgment that relies on current medical knowledge or the best available objective evidence, whether a student may pose a direct threat to themselves or the university community. Be assured that the Care Team exists to assist students and will handle all referrals professionally in an effort to best meet the needs of students and the UNTHSC community.
In the event of an emergency or situation that elicits immediate intervention, please contact
- UNTHSC Campus Police (on campus): (817) 735-2600
- 911 (off campus)
Other helpful resources
- Office of Student Affairs: (817) 735-2505
- Assistant Director, Disability Accommodations: (817) 735-2134
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK
- UNTHSC Sexual Assault Support
This page was last modified on October 1, 2017