As an engaged workplace, DSA continues to embrace peer-to-peer coaching as a way to stay connected while committing ourselves to ongoing personal and professional development. We have developed an ongoing Coach Match Program for which all DSA team members are eligible to receive coaching as well as serve in the role of Coach, with completed training. Designated coaches are primarily DSA team members but can also include those trained outside the Division and even outside HSC if desired. In the spirit of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), DSA embraces the widely accepted definition of coaching as Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. The process of coaching often unlocks previously untapped sources of imagination, productivity, and leadership.
Participation in the DSA peer coaching program is:
- Completely voluntary
- Confidential between coach and coachee
- Not tied to performance evaluations
- Co-determined by Client and Coach regarding meeting frequency, setting, and topics
- An additional layer of engagement and support
- A powerful process for tying into leadership and professional development