- Create an account in SOPHAS online application portal.
Submit the following:
- Official transcripts. Transcripts from all schools attended. Even schools that didn’t ultimately award a degree, all are required.
- Official graduate test scores. GRE or alternative graduate entrance exam is required. GRE institution code 6565 for SOPHAS applicants / 6128 for HAMPCAS applicants. Other accepted tests include GMAT, MCAT, PCAT, LSAT and DAT.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. Ideal sources include academic professors, academic advisors and employment/internship supervisors.
- Personal Statement. Describe your interest in the field of study (degree and concentration) to which you are applying, your career goals, how the program will help you reach those goals and why you chose the UNT Health Science Center School of Public Health for your graduate education.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae. Your resume should reflect your full history including volunteer activities, clubs, research, conference presentations and relevant work experience.
- Apply as early as possible.
- Read all of the instructions within each section of the application before submitting your application.
- Make sure your Statement of Purpose is original, in your own words and check carefully for grammatical errors before submitting your application.
- Submit official transcripts from ALL U.S. institutions attended, even study abroad.
- Make sure to monitor your application online and check for email messages.
- You must enter the email addresses of all your recommenders before submitting your application. To avoid SPAM filters, please notify your recommenders that they will receive an email from either SOPHAS firstname.lastname@example.org or HAMPCAS email@example.com giving them instructions on how to complete the reference.
- The application service will not begin processing your application until you have e-submitted and paid the application fee.
- After all official transcripts and letters of recommendation have been received by the application service, allow them up to 4-6 weeks to process your application before it is released to your designated universities (this time may vary depending on the volume of applications being processed).
This page was last modified on September 24, 2018