NTERI 2021 facts & figures!
Did you know that in 2021…
- 93 UNTHSC students were certified to use the PlusOptix devices with the purpose of detecting the most prevalent vision disorders in children as early as possible
- 30 schools were assisted with state-mandated vision screenings for PreK and Kindergarten kids, including: Fort Worth ISD and Everman ISD
- 3,595 PreK and Kindergarten students were screened by UNTHSC student and faculty/staff volunteers
- 63 students and faculty/staff members volunteered in the schools vision screenings
- 16 health fairs and community events were attended, where information was shared about eye health education, including prevention of eye diseases and connection to other community resources
- 3,250 total individuals were reached, including 251 kids screened in the health fairs only
- NTERI faculty, staff, and students screened preschool kids for vision problems.
- Community Eye Clinic at Fort Worth