Reporting Child Abuse
UNTHSC is committed to protecting children and other vulnerable populations by fulfilling the institution’s obligation to report abuse and neglect as required by Texas Law. All faculty, staff, students and volunteers who have cause to believe that a child’s physical or mental health or welfare has been adversely affected by abuse and/or neglect by any person shall make an immediate report to the appropriate agencies.
Please refer to Policy 03.104 Reporting and Training-Abuse and Neglect; Providing Notice to Victims of Family Violence
Regardless of the laws specifying mandatory reporters and the scope of their duties, it is our policy that you, as an employee, student or volunteer of our institution, report any incident of child abuse that you observe, learn of or suspect.
Where to Report Abuse
· Any local or state law enforcement agency, including Campus Law Enforcement,
· The Department of Family and Protective Services (“DFPS”) or the agency designated by a court as responsible for the protection of children, or
· To the state agency that operates licenses, certifies or registers a facility if the abuse or neglect is believed to have occurred in a state operated, licensed, certified of registered facility.
· The Texas Youth Commission if the report is based on information provided by a child while under the supervision of the commission concerning the child’s alleged abuse of another child.
· The Texas Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 or online at https://www.txabusehotline.org/Login/Default.aspx
This page was last modified on June 26, 2019