Mail Services FAQ’s
Where is Mail Services located?
- Mail Services is located at EAD 124.
What are Mail Services hours?
- Mail Services is open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
When should I get my mail to Mail Services to ensure it is dispatched the same day?
- Mail received by 4:00 p.m. is dispatched the same day; mail received after 4:00 p.m. is distributed the following day unless arrangements are made by the sending department to personally hand-carry the mail to the U.S. Post Office.
When does Mail Services deliver mail to the departments?
- Mail is delivered once in the morning and once in afternoon to the departments.
Is there a designated place for mail to be delivered in my department?
- Each department will have one location designated for mail delivery unless approved by the Mail Services Manager.
How can I find out information for the various mail services?
- Refer to the Central Services Training link to review the Mail Services Guide.
Does Mail Services have a drop off box for outgoing mail?
- Mail can be dropped off at EAD 124.
Does Mail Services sell US Postage Stamps?
- Mail Services does not sell stamps. The use of postage stamps for official mail is prohibited, except with special permission granted by the State Comptroller’s office.
Can I have my personal mail sent to me at work?
- State law forbids the use of state resources for personal use.
Is there a certain way for letters to be addressed?
- The Central Services Training link provides information for addressing envelopes per US Postal Regulations.
Is Mail Services doing anything different for 2012?
- Mail Services will begin using a mail presort service starting 9/1/11 to reduce the cost of sending mail through the US Post Office. Addressing envelopes according to postal regulations will be very important for our efforts to provide the savings. Training guide information for proper addressing of envelopes can be seen at the following URL: