We provide expertise and consultation on issues related to biological safety with the goal of maintaining a safe workplace, preventing environmental contamination and complying with applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- UNTHSC Biosafety Policy ( Administration- Safety and Infection control)
The Biosafety Manual is the guiding document for all work with biohazardous materials at UNTHSC. It details the requirements for acquiring, handling, and disposal of biohazards, as well as training requirements and regulatory requirements for personnel.
All employees who work with biological materials as a part of their normal job duties at UNTHSC are required to complete Biological Safety Training.
The training is provided through the online Compliance tool and can found by following this link: Biological Safety Training. Log in using your EUID and password and complete the modules.
If you have questions about the training please contact the Biosafety Officer at 817-735-5431.
- NIH/ Office of Science Policy – NIH Guidelines for research involving rDNA and synthetic Nucleic Acids.
- CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- ABSA – American Biological safety Association
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) 5th Edition
- Biological MSDS (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- United States Government Policy for Oversight of Life Sciences Dual Use Research of Concern
- OSHA/ bloodbornepathogens
- Biosafety / Viral vectors – http://www.drs.illinois.edu/bss/factsheets/viralvectors.aspx
- Animal Experiments and NIH Guidelines
- Transgenic Animals and the Use of Recombinant DNA in Animals
- Lenti viral vectors Containment_Guidance.pdf
- CDC Guidelines for safe Biological practices
- CDC Select Agents and Toxins Program
- Link to other biosafety Resources
This page was last modified on March 31, 2020