Master of Science in Drug Discovery and Development
Apply for Fall 2024: Sept 15 – July 1, 2024
Drug discovery and development (DDD) is the process by which new drugs are discovered, developed and approved for clinical use. It also encompasses the knowledge, skills and techniques required for pursuing the process.
The Master of Science in Drug Discovery & Development (MS-DDD) is designed for students to gain a systematic understanding of how drugs and medicines are discovered and developed, and to increase the understanding of clinical, medical and regulatory affairs in the DDD process.
Benefits of this program include:
- Accessible, accelerated, affordable, career-focused and flexible
- Completion of a non-thesis MS degree program in as little as one year
- Increased competitiveness in the job market
- Empowering of working professionals to expand roles and responsibilities and to advance their career
- Expansion of student’s professional network and competitive advantage through capstone research and industrial internship
Hear from HSC College of Pharmacy faculty to learn more about DDD career and graduate program pathways, the science behind DDD, the specific coursework offered, and admissions requirements in this recorded session.
Career Opportunities in DDD
There are many types of job functions involved in the drug development process, and this program will enhance the career options or promote the career advancement of students who complete this program. Opportunities include careers in:
- Clinical Pharmacies
- Consulting Firms
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Intellectual Property Lawyers
- Medical Science Liaisons
- Not-for-profit Research Institutions
- Project Managers
- Regulatory Agencies
- Research Scientists in the Bio-Pharma industry
- Scientific Writers
Note: some of these job functions require additional degrees or credentials
Who Should Apply?
- Expected or recent college graduates in chemistry or life sciences
- Current graduate students or professional students (i.e. PharmD students)
- Working professionals
- International students
How to Apply
Read more about Admissions and Advising.