College Goals and Values
- To produce highly competent pharmacy professionals for the provision of pharmacist-delivered patient care, including comprehensive medication therapy management services, the advancement of the practice of pharmacy and its contributions to society.
- To produce pharmacy professionals who fully understand the contributions to health care of other health professionals, who embrace and can function in a team approach to health care, and who can serve as effective partners in providing primary care services to improve the health and well being of their patients.
- To conduct and disseminate research and other scholarly activity that improves the maintenance of health and delivery of healthcare in Texas and beyond.
- To prepare graduates with life-long learning skills so they continue to extend their competence through accredited continuing professional education, evidence-based learning and utilizing clinical guidelines in their practices.
- To create a culture of assessment where in education, research, practice and outreach are continually examined for optimization of outcomes.
Model exceptional standards and act in the best interest of our community.
- Build trust through consistent actions that are honest, transparent, and authentic.
- Provide, accept, and support open and constructive feedback.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for decisions, behaviors, actions, and results.
Cultivate opportunities for learning, creating, discovering, and innovating.
- Question the conventional with creative solutions.
- Engage in new experiences for learning and growth.
- Take strategic risk and learn from failure and success.
- Pursue collaborative opportunities.
Champion a people-first approach to building relationships and community.
- Cultivate authentic connections that have a meaningful impact.
- Share expertise and resources.
- Recognize contributions and celebrate success.
- Help at least one person every day.
Foster an inclusive environment of respect, belonging, and access for all.
- Develop awareness and understanding of different experiences.
- Respect diversity of people, beliefs, thoughts, and ideas.
- Support opportunities to remove barriers to equity and inclusion.
SHOW YOUR FIRE
Exhibit passion and pride in the experiences we create.
- Go beyond the ordinary and surpass expectations.
- Be prepared, be present, and actively participate.
- Promote enthusiastic engagement.
- Cultivate a positive environment and find opportunities for fun and recognition.