- To produce highly competent pharmacy professionals for the provision of pharmacist-delivered patient care, including comprehensive medication therapy management services, the advancement of the practice of pharmacy and its contributions to society.
- To produce pharmacy professionals who fully understand the contributions to health care of other health professionals, who embrace and can function in a team approach to health care, and who can serve as effective partners in providing primary care services to improve the health and wellbeing of their patients.
- To conduct and disseminate research and other scholarly activity that improves the maintenance of health and delivery of healthcare in Texas and beyond.
- To prepare graduates with life-long learning skills so they continue to extend their competence through accredited continuing professional education, evidence-based learning and utilizing clinical guidelines in their practices.
- To create a culture of assessment where in education, research, practice and outreach are continually examined for optimization of outcomes.
- Compassion: We model caring behaviors; encourage diversity of students, faculty and staff; and foster outreach in mission related matters in pharmacy, the health care community and society in general
- Integrity: We foster professionalism, ethical behavior, leadership and scholarship while supporting the varied needs of student learners and preparing them for life long education Excellence: We support continuous quality improvement through assessment and evaluation in all aspects of our mission and use our goals and vision as the basis for strategic planning; develop, evaluate and promote use of teaching methods that enhance student learning; and support both post graduate education and training of pharmacists, and continued professional development of our faculty (including preceptors), staff and students
- Innovation: We conduct and actively promote innovation in basic and applied research in all aspects of our mission, and attribute importance to scientific advancement; enhance the basic, clinical and translational science that provide the rational foundations of drug therapy; and foster development of new and improved practice models with other stakeholders
- Teamwork: We promote interprofessional learning and collaborative practice in didactic and clinical education throughout the curriculum; foster collaboration and good morale among all constituents; support the educational and scholarly maturation of new faculty; and support meeting the needs of diverse stakeholders, including faculty, administrators, staff, students, preceptors, alumni, and others
- Pride: Our vision is to make health care better; our programs reflect contemporary pharmacy practice and remain aligned with the visions for the future of the profession in practice, education and research.