- To produce highly competent pharmacy professionals for the provision of pharmacist-delivered patient care, including comprehensive medication therapy management services, the advancement of the practice of pharmacy and its contributions to society.
- To produce pharmacy professionals who fully understand the contributions to health care of other health professionals, who embrace and can function in a team approach to health care, and who can serve as effective partners in providing primary care services to improve the health and well being of their patients.
- To conduct and disseminate research and other scholarly activity that improves the maintenance of health and delivery of healthcare in Texas and beyond.
- To prepare graduates with life-long learning skills so they continue to extend their competence through accredited continuing professional education, evidence-based learning and utilizing clinical guidelines in their practices.
- To create a culture of assessment where in education, research, practice and outreach are continually examined for optimization of outcomes.
SERVE OTHERS FIRST
Encourage growth, well-being and success of each other and people we serve
- Empower one another to make values-based decisions
- Consider the impact of your decisions
- Be good stewards of people and resources
- Demonstrate compassion, care and humility
- Promote individual potential
Uphold the highest ethical standards
- Do what is right, not just what is easy – even if no one is looking
- Conduct ourselves with honesty, trustworthiness and dependability
- Be transparent in actions
- Own, correct and learn from successes and failures
- Demonstrate loyalty to our mission and vision
Treat everyone with dignity and compassion
- Gratefully acknowledge contributions and efforts of others
- Invite other perspectives and encourage dialogue
- Communicate openly in a timely, courteous and relevant manner
- Promote diversity of thought, ideas and people
- Build trust by honoring our word through actions
Work together to achieve shared goals
- Combine our strengths to discover new ideas and share best practices
- Seek opportunities to engage others and break through barriers
- Inspire one another to be more, collectively, than the sum of our individual parts
- Give, ask for and value feedback
- Recognize the contributions of others and celebrate successes
Create innovative solutions in the pursuit of excellence
- Respectfully challenge the way things have always been done
- Create unique ways to provide remarkable service
- Navigate change to move us forward
- Proactively implement new ideas
- Take thoughtful risks
This page was last modified on August 24, 2016