Certificate in Drug Discovery and Development
Application Now Open
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Start Date: August 16, 2021
Contact Admissions: email@example.com
The Certificate Program in Drug Discovery & Development (DDD) is designed for students to gain a systematic understanding of how drugs and medicines are discovered and developed.
- Obtain the certificate online in 2-4 semesters (12-credit hrs) to enhance career options
- Increase understanding of clinical, medical and regulatory affairs in the DDD process
- Gain exposure to DDD career and graduate program pathways and potentially strengthen competitiveness to apply to such programs.
Drug discovery and development is the process by which new drugs are discovered, developed and approved for clinical use. It also encompasses the knowledge, skills and techniques required for pursuing the process.
DDD Certificate – Recorded Information Session
Hear from HSC College of Pharmacy faculty to learn more about DDD career and graduate program pathways, the science behind DDD, the specific coursework offered, and admissions requirements.
Career Opportunities in DDD
There are many types of job functions involved in the drug development process, and this certificate program will enhance the career options or promote the career advancement of students who complete this program. Opportunities include careers in:
- Bio-Pharma industry
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Not-for-profit research institutions
- Clinical pharmacies
- Consulting firms
- Medical Science Liaisons
- Regulatory agencies
Who Should Apply?
- Recent college graduates in life sciences or chemistry
- PharmD students
- Other full-time or part-time students, including working professionals
- International Students Learn more
Certificate Program Curriculum
This 12-credit hour (4 courses) online certificate program can be completed between two to four semesters, depending on the individual student’s schedule and engagement level. The certificate may serve as a gateway to the Master of Science Degree in DDD (pending SACSCOC approval). Individuals who have completed or are on track to complete the certificate can apply to the MS in DDD program, and, if accepted, apply all credits toward the degree program.
How to Apply
This page was last modified on May 13, 2021