Teaching Assistant Boot Camp –
This online course will get you started on the path to becoming an excellent Teaching Assistant.
- Approximately 8 hours, online, self-paced, free course.
- -Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading.
- TA Candidates are encouraged to participate in the course in order to begin work as a TA.
- Satisfactory course completion requires the submission of all the course assignments via Canvas (5 discussions and 3 assignments).
- Candidates must satisfy FERPA requirements through the Office of Compliance in addition to this course as well.
- Register a minimum of three days before your tenure as a TA begins.
- *You may be required by your department to complete this training. Check with your department to verify.
- Teaching Well
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Policies)
- University policies
- Discrimination and sexual harassment
- Dealing with challenging classroom issues
- Diversity in the classroom
- University resources
- First-day tips
- Best practices
- Tips from Experienced TAs
Register by emailing email@example.com with your name, EUID and the course in which you will be a TA.