Preparing to Teach Online (PTTO) is an online training course required for faculty at UNTHSC who wish to teach online or who wish to refresh their online teaching skills. This fully online course prepares you for teaching in the online format. The course takes approximately 20 hours to complete. The course is facilitated but is self-paced, and there are deadlines to keep you on task.
This course is required as part of the Distance Education Committee Approval to Deliver process.
Course Learning Objectives
- Explore online course pedagogy and design
- Explore elements for developing online course content
- Explore online assessments
- Design an online learning module
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss pedagogy as it relates to e-learning.
- Apply effective practices to your own teaching online scenarios.
- Create an e-learning course module based on best practices and Quality Matters principles.
- 4 discussions
- a pre-test and a post test
- 1 self assessment
- 4 quizzes
- 4 assignments