Program Design – MS Cohort
- Full-time. Students take 9 hours each semester. This program carries a heavy research and publication expectation as well as professional development hours. Therefore, employment outside the university is prohibited during classes.
- On-campus. UNTHSC is located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- 2 Years. Students complete the program in 5 semesters, including the summer.
- Fall entrance. New students begin the program each Fall semester. There are no Spring or Summer start options.
- Small class size. Core classes range from 15-30 enrolled, concentration classes from 8-15 students.
- Cohort format. Students complete the program in a pre-determined sequence and pace. This is shown to improve student success and completion rates, offer strong networking opportunities between students and develop quality relationships with program faculty.
- SPH Interlude & IPE programs – Students participate in weekly interlude meetings which consist of additional career and field prep programs. Programs range from alumni panels to networking, coaching and guest speakers specific to concentration studies. IPE (inter professional education) activities bring students from across university schools together for cross-disciplinary training. Students gain experience in collaborative work with medical professionals in real life scenarios.
This page was last modified on September 6, 2018