Who Should Attend?
Working professionals can now advance their public health training with our new flexible and convenient online Graduate Certificate in Public Health. The certificate consists of 15-credit hours of the five core public health concept courses that are required of all MPH graduates. Upon completion of the Certificate, students earning a grade of B or better in each course who are admitted to the MPH program may apply all fifteen credit hours to their degree.
Complete your certificate with just 5 online classes. Each class lasts 8 weeks, so you can complete the certificate in one year. Certificate courses are offered each semester (including summer), both online and on-campus.
Graduate Certificate in Public Health Curriculum
Required Courses (15 SCH)
- BACH 5300 Theoretical Foundations of Individuals and Community Health
- BIOS 5300 Principles of Biostatistics
- EOHS 5300 Environmental Determinants of Health
- EPID 5300 Principles of Epidemiology
- HMAP 5300 Introduction to Health Management and Policy
- Summer 2014 Online & On-Campus (8 week) session: May 27-July 18
- Fall 2014 Semester: On-campus (16 weeks) Aug 18-Dec 5
- Online (8 week) session I: Aug 18-Oct 10
- Online (8 week) session II: Oct 13-Dec 5
- Spring 2015 Semester: On-campus (16 weeks) Jan 12-May 1
- Online (8 week) session I: Jan 12-Mar 6
- Online (8 week) session II: Mar 16-May 1
- Bachelors degree or it’s equivalent from a recognized institution
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Complete Application
- $40 Application fee
- Mail application, application fee and request official transcripts to be sent to:
UNTHSC-School of Public Health
Office of Admission & Academic Services
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Approximate cost to complete the online Graduate Certificate in Public Health as a Texas resident is $5,022. The certificate programs do not qualify for Federal Financial Aid programs.
For more information contact the Office of Admission & Academic Services