Certificate in Applied Health Outcomes Research
Application Now Open
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Start Date: August 16, 2021
Contact Admissions: email@example.com.
The Certificate in Applied Health Outcomes Research may be completed 100% online in one year. The program provides an opportunity to learn:
- Fundamental elements of outcomes research with real‐world data and evidence.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of evidence-based decision making including
- assessment of clinical and patient‐reported outcomes and patient satisfaction;
- the impact of non‐clinical patient‐level factors on patient health;
- the role of economic evaluation methods in assessing the cost effectiveness of pharmacological and non‐pharmacological treatments; and
- the intended and unintended consequences of health policy decisions.
What is Applied Health Outcomes Research?
Health outcomes research is used to develop patient-centered best practices, practice guidelines, and cost-effective therapeutic and behavioral interventions, improve healthcare system performance, and inform policy. It is not restricted to just medicine or health services but encompasses a broad range of health measurements. It requires scientific knowledge and data-driven insights for informed decision making.
Career Opportunities in Outcomes Research
- Clinical Outcomes Manager
- Healthcare Administrators
- Health Outcomes Program Manager
- Research Analyst
- Other decision-makers charged with improving health outcomes for the individual, the population and society
What skills will I gain upon completion?
- Students can evaluate findings related to healthcare access, quality, utilization, treatments, and health outcomes in real-world settings.
- Students can conduct AOR projects.
- Students can drive healthcare policy decisions by applying evidence and data-driven practices.
Who should apply?
- Students and working professionals interested in becoming more specialized in this field or pursuing graduate programs.
Certificate Program Roadmap
The 12 credit hours (5 courses) online program can be completed in one year.
Fall 2021- 5 Credit Hours
PHAR 7335 – Economic Evaluation and Policy*
PHAR 7237 – Pharmacoepidemiology**
Spring 2022- 7 Credit Hours
PHAR 7345 – Evidence-Based Healthcare*
PHAR 7236 – Patient Reported Outcomes**
PHAR 7235 – Applied Health Outcomes Capstone***
*Required courses for current PharmD students.
**Electives available to current PharmD students.
***Available as a PharmD elective if enrolled in the certificate program
How to Apply
This page was last modified on April 22, 2021