Shaping Tomorrow’s Innovators
Empowering the Life Sciences Workforce in Texas
Growing the life sciences industry is critical for innovation and economic development in Texas. Join industry experts for a discussion about how to fuel that growth with a dynamic workforce.
- Thursday, Aug. 10
- HSC Campus
- MET Building, Room 109-111
- Parking map
- Virtual attendance available upon registration
- Food and refreshments will be available from 5 to 5:45 p.m.
5 p.m. – Reception and Networking
5:45 p.m. – Welcome and Opening Remarks
- J. Michael Mathis, PhD, EdD, Dean, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
5:45 p.m. – Opening Keynote: “The Life Sciences Industry in DFW and Texas – Growth and Challenges”
- Victoria Ford, MPA, President & CEO, Texas Healthcare and Bioscience Institute, Austin, Texas
6:30 p.m. – Panel Discussion 1: “Bridging the Life Sciences Talent Gap”
- Kelly Cloud, VP of Economic Development, Life Science, Dallas Regional Chamber, Dallas, Texas
- Gabby Everett, PhD, Director, Business Operations and Strategy, Site Head, BioLabs Pegasus Park, Dallas, Texas
- Aaron BenComo, MD, Business Development and Industry Liaison Director, BioNTX, Irving, Texas
- Nitin Joshi, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, CAGE Bio, San Carlos, Calif.
7:15 p.m. – Panel Discussion 2: “Educating for an Evolving Life Sciences Landscape”
- Jenny Ligon, Senior Associate Director, National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, College Station, Texas
- Benjamin Magill, CecD, Associate Vice Chancellor, Economic Opportunity, Dallas College, Dallas, Texas
- Busola Okunnu, PhD, HSC alumnus, Clinical Research Associate, ICON Strategic Solutions
- Carole Twichell, MS, Professor, Biotechnology Program, Collin College
Location: MET 109-111, MET Lobby
How to attend this event: They can register at the link provided in the previous question.
Offer continuing education credit? No
Event Contact: Matt Havlik | email@example.com