Career Champions Program
HSC Career Readiness Center
The HSC Career Readiness Center celebrates April as “Career Readiness Month,” and we are therefore excited to announce the opening of nominations for the HSC Career Champions for 2022-2023. In the spirit of spotlighting Career Readiness programs and initiatives, this recognition allows the campus community to celebrate our outstanding faculty and staff members who have gone above and beyond in helping our students achieve their career goals.
Students, faculty, and staff—please take a moment to nominate a Career Champion as someone who may have:
• Provided valuable guidance based on their own professional journey;
• Helped students explore career options by inviting guest speakers or alumni to campus to provide experiential opportunities;
• Encouraged or used HSC Career Readiness Center resources (e.g., tools such as Big Interview, CV/resume builders, employment data) to integrate into assignments or discussions;
• Included specific information on the adopted HSC Career Readiness Skills: 1) Communication, 2) Inter-professional Teamwork, 3) Problem Solving, 4) Leadership, 5) Resiliency, 6) Intercultural Fluency;
• Supported students as they built their network of professional contacts via LinkedIn, HSC Connect, professional conferences, etc.;
• Provided letters of reference or reviewed CV’s and/or resumes and offered feedback;
• Conducted mock interviews to help students improve in these and related skills;
• Presented at Career Readiness Center workshops or similar career development activities.
Nominations will be accepted through April 7, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. All faculty/staff who have been nominated, along with those who nominated them, will be recognized at a special appreciation event on Thursday, April 27, 2023. The selected winners will be presented with a special award.
Note: HSC Career Readiness Center Staff members are not eligible to be nominated.
The Nomination Form can be found here: