The PhRMA Foundation’s Postdoctoral Fellowship in Value Assessment-Health Outcomes Research (VA-HOR) supports individuals (U.S. and non-U.S. citizens) engaged in a multidisciplinary, collaborative research training program at an accredited U.S. university that will extend their credentials in value assessment and/or health outcomes research.
The PhRMA Foundation seeks research proposals that investigate challenges and potential solutions related to evaluating the delivery, safe use, effectiveness, and value (clinical, patient-centered, and economic) of medicines and other health care interventions. Proposals could be empirical analyses or studies addressing methodological aspects of the following areas:
- Real-world outcomes using real-world data and analytic tools
- Clinical outcomes assessments
- Patient-reported and/or patient-centered outcomes, especially for diverse and underserved populations
- Patient- and equity-centered value assessment frameworks
- Economic evaluations of health care interventions
- Health preference research, particularly the perspectives of patients
- Development of innovative decision and value communication tools
- Evaluation and outcomes assessments focused on health equity and unmet nee
- Innovative methods for measuring and reporting novel value elements from different stakeholder perspectives
Deadline: February 1, 2024
Award Amount: $60,000
For more information, please see the announcement website.