“Hot water immersion and vasodilatory function in aging muscle”
The University of North Texas Health Science Center and the Human Vascular Physiology Laboratory are recruiting subjects to take part in a research study that will assess if hot tub immersion alters vascular function in skeletal muscle of aged humans.
You must be:
• 55 – 80 years old; males & females
• Generally healthy
• No tobacco/nicotine use within past 6 months (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, chewing tobacco, nicotine patch/gum)
• Visit Human Vascular Physiology Laboratory at UNTHSC for a total of 3 visits
o Screening and familiarization (1-2 hours)
o Experimental Sessions (4.5 hours)
• Participation in this study is voluntary, and if you are a student or employee of UNTHSC your participation (or non-participation) in this study will in no way affect your academic standing or employment.
• Subjects will be compensated for their time and effort.
If you are interested in participating in this study as a research subject, please contact Rauchelle Richey (RauchelleRichey@my.unthsc.edu) or Amy Moore, RN (firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-735-2088).