Application Deadline: October 15th
The ACS Extramural Discovery Science Department identifies research addressing cancer health equity (see policies for the ACS definition) and health disparities as a priority within the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program. This includes research:
- To understand, identify, and/or define modifiable and unjust factors that contribute to or sustain inequity (e.g. resources, access to care, behaviors, quality of care); and
- That leads to a sustained reduction in disparities and/or equitable outcomes in cancer.
Applications using one of the following mechanisms will be accepted; unless specified otherwise, eligibility is unchanged:
- Research Scholar Grant (applicants may be at any career stage)
- Clinician Scientist Development Grant
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Clinical Research Professor Award
All applicants must explicitly specify the following within the application:
- Relevance to cancer generally and cancer disparities specifically;
- How findings from the proposed research will substantially improve equity in access to cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and/or treatment services; and
- How findings may be applied to more quickly advance efforts to reduce cancer burden or costs, improve quality of care or quality of life, and/or save more lives.
Foundation: For a full list of foundation opportunities please visit: Grant Funding Opportunities – Foundation – Research and Innovation (unthsc.edu)