July 1, 2023 – February 15, 2024
Senior ARI Grants Eligibility and Guidelines: Open to all members of the vision science community who are actively involved in independent research efforts (e.g. academics, engineers, clinician scientists, etc.). Members of the Alcon Research Institute Scientific Selection Committee and Alcon Research Institute Executive Committee are not eligible to apply. In addition:
- Only one application allowed from an individual each year.
- The maximum grant amount is $250,000.
- Research funds will be paid in one lump sum payment that can be carried forward on a yearly basis as no-cost extensions for a total of up to 3 years from the date of selection.
- A maximum of no more than 20% can be taken from the grant by the institution for Indirect Costs.
- The application does not require previous research or supporting data, but the applicant is welcome to submit any supporting materials. Along with the application, applicants should submit an up-to-date NIH-style bio-sketch, a detailed CV, an up-to-date photo, a full publication list, and a reference letter or two attesting to the accomplishments of the applicant and describing how the applicant is qualified to complete the proposed studies.
- The Title/Rank/Level of the individual applying for a Sr. ARI Grant should be at least Associate Professor or Equivalent.
For more information, please see the Alcon Research Institute Website.