Message from the Executive Team
Welcome to Our Values site. These values define how we act and work together to reach our goals at the UNT Health Science Center.
Our Values are based on the concept of True North. This term refers to the internal moral compass we each possess. The north arrow of the compass points to the values and principles that guide and inspire us to do the right thing – even if no one is looking.
We believe all Health Science Center team members developed their individual True North during their formative years. We wanted to build on the values we have in common and took an extraordinary approach: We surveyed our team members, held focus group sessions and formed a cross-functional, diverse values blueprint team to identify the values we already share.
The team defined these values and developed associated behaviors – actions – that indicate when we are at our best. Together the values, definitions and behaviors form “Our Values,” the document that guides our values journey. Not only do these common values promote a work environment in which we all are comfortable, but also an atmosphere in which we can best achieve:
- Our mission: Create solutions for a healthier community
- Our Vision: One university, built on values, defining and producing the providers of the future.
- Our purpose: Transform lives in order to improve the lives of others
The foundation of Our Values is trust, something we all must work to earn and we all must be willing to give.
We’re not stopping here. Our goal is to align Our Values with everyone with whom we interact: students, team members, patients, vendors and community members. Come join us on our journey.
Model exceptional standards and act in the best interest of our community.
- Build trust through consistent actions that are honest, transparent, and authentic.
- Provide, accept, and support open and constructive feedback.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for decisions, behaviors, actions, and results.
Cultivate opportunities for learning, creating, discovering, and innovating.
- Question the conventional with creative solutions.
- Engage in new experiences for learning and growth.
- Take strategic risk and learn from failure and success.
- Pursue collaborative opportunities.
Champion a people-first approach to building relationships and community.
- Cultivate authentic connections that have a meaningful impact.
- Share expertise and resources.
- Recognize contributions and celebrate success.
- Help at least one person every day.
Foster an inclusive environment of respect, belonging, and access for all.
- Develop awareness and understanding of different experiences.
- Respect diversity of people, beliefs, thoughts, and ideas.
- Support opportunities to remove barriers to equity and inclusion.
SHOW YOUR FIRE
Exhibit passion and pride in the experiences we create.
- Go beyond the ordinary and surpass expectations.
- Be prepared, be present, and actively participate.
- Promote enthusiastic engagement.
- Cultivate a positive environment and find opportunities for fun and recognition.
Access a PDF copy of Our Values.