Veterans Benefits

Did you know that UNTHSC has a student organization for all active, reserve or veteran service members and their families?

Check it out and join today!
UNTHSC has been designated as a 2014-2015 Military Friendly® School!
The Office of the Registrar can help you apply for Veteran’s Benefits, complete certifications and answer questions related to benefits.  You may review general benefits information and requirements below. For more information regarding benefits please visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website at:

The Texas Veterans Portal provides resources for veterans, their families, and their survivors in one location so that you can find assistance, services, organizations and benefits that you need.  For more information go to:

Your VA Certifying Representative:

Elizabeth Medders 817-735-2483  orLaTarra Lewis        817-735-7652 Office of the Registrar

Got Questions?  Visit our FAQ page to get important answers to questions about Federal Benefits and Hazlewood.

Important Links and Information

The Department of Defense has announced the launch of the Postsecondary Education Complaint System which provides a centralized online reporting system for service members and their families to report problems and lodge complaints against education institutions for unfair or misleading practices. The new complaint system is directly in line with the President’s Executive Order establishing the Principles of Excellence for educational institutions serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses and their family members. For more information or to submit a complaint, please visit the Postsecondary Education Complaint System webpage.

Federal Benefits


Contact Us

Phone: (817) 735-2026
Fax : (817) 735-0677
Main email:

This page was last modified on October 7, 2019