Published: November 14, 2016
TCOM students are highly sought by elite graduate medical education programs in Texas and across the United States. All TCOM students who pursued graduate medical education have been accepted into a residency program.
We develop and sustain this success through strong academic advising, career counseling and specialty guidance to help our students identify and prepare for graduate medical education programs that match their strengths, interests and career goals.
More than 60 percent of our graduates match into primary care specialties. In 2016 they also match into more than 15 specialties at a wide range of top programs. Here are some recent examples of the diverse programs and locations:
- Pediatrics at Stanford Medicine, Emory University and Children’s Mercy Hospital in Missouri.
- Internal medicine at Cleveland Clinic, Baylor University and Loyola University Medical in Illinois.
- Emergency medicine at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minnesota and UT Southwestern.
- Dermatology at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
- Family medicine at John Peter Smith Hospital and Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.