Students wishing to conduct research during the course of their medical school career are allowed to receive credit for one Research elective rotation.
Complete the Request for Research Electives Form:
- Attach a brief description of project, detailing your study and what you wish to accomplish. This should include an overview of the hypothesis (or area to be examined), the methods that will be employed, and the expected outcomes and analytic methods that will be used. Specific details of the student role in the proposed project should be outlined.
- Attach a statement asserting that the amount of time spent in the lab / on your research project will be greater than and or equal to 40 hours per week
- Submit to the Office of Clinical Education in accordance by the appropriate deadline
- At the conclusion of the rotation, a brief narrative of the research activities should be submitted to the Clinical Education office. In this summary, please include any plans for submission of abstracts or manuscripts.
- If human or animal subjects are involved attach the appropriate IRB or IACUC documents to your research form and submit to Clinical Education.
All research requests must be received 90 days before the start of the rotation. Incomplete requests may not be processed.
If you have any questions, email Katy.Kemp@unthsc.edu
This page was last modified on May 8, 2018