During 3rd year you will need to schedule an elective during your assigned period. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for the elective rotation (get the approval, complete paperwork and get evaluation). Use the Clerkship Application and Approval form, student completes section I and preceptor approves in section II. Return application to the Clinical Education by fax: 817-735-2456 or email: email@example.com.
- Rotation must be 4 weeks
- Rotation must be during your assigned period
- No 3rd year electives at JPS hospital or any of its clinics
Process for 3rd year elective:
- Decide what kind of rotation you want to complete
- Select a preceptor or a site
- Call the preceptor/site and check for availability
- Fill out the Clerkship Application form (available under form) – Section I and any other forms required by the preceptor/site
- Fax or email the application to the preceptor/site
- You will be notified by email when the approval is received and the rotation has been added to your schedule
If you have questions please contact Ana Macias at 817-735-2537 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RURAL Scholars have different requirements. Please contact LeeAnn Cunningham at 817.735.0186 or LeeAnn.Cunningham@unthsc.edu.
This page was last modified on April 6, 2017